My Life List
In 2012, Rachel invited a couple of friends to join her at Camp Mighty, a weekend retreat in Palm Springs where bloggers, creative people, life list enthusiasts, and other motivated women (mostly) trade ideas and inspire each other to do the incredible things we each want to accomplish. I'd heard about what joy and fun Camp Mighty had involved in its first year, and I was so excited about possibly going. I wasn't able to get away from NY that weekend, but I did begin to follow Maggie Mason's Life List project, Go Mighty. And inspired by the many awesome women over there, I've starting my own Life List. It's not very long at the moment, but I plan to keep adding goals until I reach 100 goals...or more!
If you'd like to create your own Life List, Karen has some excellent advice.
My Life List
Go back to work - in a team - after 6 years in a "virtual office."
- Become a docent at a local museum.
Teach my son about spending, saving, and donating.
- Visit a different museum every week.
- (Re-) Learn to Code. Properly.
Learn to ride a bike. For real. Outside.
- Attend Camp Mighty.
- Go to Squam Arts Retreat.
- Be here now.
- Visit Japan.
- Organize my photos.
- Attend Alt Summit.
- Eat a soft-boiled egg on the same day the chicken laid it.
- Write and publish a children's book.
- Drink champagne on a barge in France. Again.
- Find my perfect hairstyle.
- Have a pair of shoes made to fit my feet perfectly.
- Return to performing.
- Visit Morocco.
- Live in a farmhouse in rural New England.
- Take my parents to Europe.
Buy a pair of eyeglasses that I'll happily wear in public.
- Host Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends in my own home.
- Ride a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park.
- Learn to swim better, with grace and style.
- Eat dinner at Le Bernadin.
- Take a rock climbing trip with friends.
- Buy more houseplants. Keep them alive.
- Cook a meal entirely of ingredients I have grown, picked, or caught.
- Publish a personal essay.
- Get new professional photos taken:
for work, of family.
- Learn to draw the human figure.
- Buy a house.
- ...to be continued...